We invite you to become an active part of the USQ Makerspace community!
We welcome your participation and ideas. The Makerspace is new and we are looking for suggestions on how it should grow and evolve.
Visit the space, share your expertise as a peer mentor, offer a workshop or activity, donate or suggest resources for the space, organise a class session or volunteer to be part of the USQ Makerspace team.
If you have an idea for a workshop or activity or would like to host one yourself please get in touch with us now !
Declutter and Donate to the USQ Makerspace
Please clear out your cupboards and donate items for creative exploration and making at the USQ Makerspace. Some things we would love to receive:
- A sturdy/simple sewing machine
- Fabric and thread, buttons, zips, yarn, etc.
- Craft knives
- Paper and cardboard (all colours, types and thicknesses)
- Plaster bandage (the old kind used by hospitals)
- Hot glue guns and glue sticks
- Screwdrivers (any sizes and types)
- Storage drawers or bins, see through plastic boxes (all sizes)
- Toy cars
- Wooden laundry/clothes pegs (all kinds)
- Plastic laundry/clothes pegs
- Small dolls or figures (human, animal, buildings)
- Kids building blocks
- Tracing paper
- Cellophane (all colours)
- Transparent film (photocopier)
- Permanent marker pens (all sizes)
- Colouring in pens
- Colouring in books
- Plastic straws
- Pipe cleaners
- Florists’ wire
- Beads and buttons
- Pool noodles, foam rubber blocks
- Elastic bands
- Fishing line (nylon)
- Sticky tape (all kinds and sizes)
- Measuring tape
- Rulers (metal and plastic)
- Cutting boards (those used for dressmaking/scrapbooking)
- Rolls of tin foil
- Dowelling, bamboo spills, kebab sticks
Please drop off the resources in the ‘donations bin’ inside the door of the Makerspace at USQ Toowoomba Library or contact us to arrange collection.